Tuna and vegetable fettuccine
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups passata
- 425g can tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 250g fresh tricolour egg fettuccine
- 2 large courgettes, cut in ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 2 large carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Pour passata and 1/2 cup water into a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add tuna, garlic and basil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Season tuna mixture with cracked black pepper.
2 Meanwhile, cook fettuccine following packet directions. Drain pasta and return to pan.
3 Add courgettes, carrots and shallots. Toss gently to combine and cover to keep warm. Top fettuccine with tuna mixture and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..