Grilled chicken with brown lentil salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 150g single chicken breast fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 slices soy-linseed bread, toasted and cut into 1cm cubes
- lemon wedges to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Combine chicken, balsamic vinegar and 1 garlic clove in a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
2 Combine lentils, tomatoes, onion, parsley and remaining garlic clove in a glass bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray chicken with cooking oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked. Transfer to a plate. Brush with mustard. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
4 Combine bread cubes with lentil salad, then divide salad between serving plates. Diagonally cut chicken into 1cm-thick slices and arrange over salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..