Warm spiced cauliflower salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 head cauliflower (1kg), chopped in florets
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chopped silver beet leaves, stalks discarded
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goats’ feta cheese
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place cauliflower and chickpeas on an oven tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin, tossing to coat. Roast for 20-30 minutes until cauliflower is browned and tender, with some crispy dark brown edges.
2 Blanch or microwave silver beet for 1-2 minutes until tender.
3 Combine cauliflower, chickpeas, silver beet and olive oil in a large bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle over goats’ cheese.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..