Vegetable and haloumi kebabs with tzatziki coleslaw
Time to make: 25 mins
Total cost: $ 20.40 / $ 5.10 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 12 wooden sticks, pre-soaked
- 2 medium-sized courgettes, diced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 120g haloumi cheese, cut in 12 chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 cooked small potatoes
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced in 1.5cm pieces
- 16 small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint or fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Thread alternating vegetable pieces on kebab sticks. Mix glaze ingredients together and brush over vegetables.
2 Place kebabs on a preheated barbecue rack and brush once more with glaze. Cook kebabs for 4-5 minutes, turning several times until haloumi begins to turn golden and vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, mix coleslaw ingredients together. Season to taste. Serve kebabs with coleslaw.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Ingredient : Cabbage, Capsicum, peppers, Courgettes, zucchini, Cucumber, Garlic - crushed, minced, purée, paste, Haloumi, halloumi, Honey, Lemon juice, Mint, Mushrooms, Mustard, Oil, oil spray, Onions - red, Parsley, Potatoes, Spring onions, green onions, Sultanas, Thyme, Tomatoes - fresh, Yoghurt
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Last updated date: 30 August 20182018-08-30 10:46:32
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..