Teriyaki beef salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 x 200g sirloin or rump steaks
- 1 cup snow peas
- olive oil spray
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 To make marinade, combine soy, mirin and ginger. Place steaks in a shallow non-metallic container. Pour over half the mixture and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Blanch snow peas in boiling water until bright green and crisp. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
3 Preheat a chargrill or large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with oil. Cook beef for 2–3 minutes each side then remove from heat. Cover with foil and rest for 3 minutes.
4 In a large bowl, toss together snow peas, cucumber, cabbage and coriander. Thinly slice steak. Add to salad with reserved soy mixture and toss. Serve.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..