Spinach and ricotta baked mushrooms
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (about 60g) ricotta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mixed green salad, to serve
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small multigrain bread roll
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Preheat grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil and warm under the grill. Place spinach in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1–2 minutes, drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Coarsely chop and return to bowl. Add ricotta and stir to combine. Season with black pepper.
2 Place mushrooms on prepared tray and spray with oil. Grill for 3–4 minutes. Divide spinach mixture between mushrooms and sprinkle with parmesan. Grill for 4–5 minutes until cheese melts and mushrooms are tender.
3 Meanwhile, in a bowl combine salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber and balsamic vinegar.
4 Serve mushrooms with salad and roll.
Chop mushroom stalks and add to spinach in step 1.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..