Speedy roasted chicken and vegetables
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roast chicken seasoning
- 500g potato wedges
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut in 6cm lengths, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and brown chicken over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and sprinkle both sides with seasoning.
2 Place chicken, potatoes and carrots in a lined baking dish. Spray carrots with oil. Bake for 20 minutes until vegetables are crispy.
3 To make gravy, combine stock and cornflour in a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until thick. Add any pan juices from chicken dish.
4 Slice chicken and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..