Salmon fish cakes with dip and pita chips
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 Birds Eye Salmon Cakes with Vegetables and Herb Pita chips
- 4 mini (40g each) wholemeal pita breads, cut in triangles
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 40g unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons light balsamic dressing
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place frozen salmon cakes on a non-stick baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through. At the same time spray pita bread with oil. Sprinkle with paprika and salt and place on another baking tray. Cook on a low shelf for 10-15 minutes, turning once.
2 Meanwhile, place all dip ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Add a little water for a more runny consistency. Season to taste.
3 Once cakes are cooked serve with dip, chips and salad.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..