Roasted vegetable tart
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Oat pastry
- 225g (2 1/2 cups) oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 55g ground almonds
- 30g hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 140g dairy-free spread or soft tofu
- 2 red onions
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 200g tofu
- 1 tablespoon apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 150ml soy milk (or you could use trim milk)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
Total fat 18.9g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C.
2 Process oats in a mixer until fine and add almonds and hazelnuts. Mix together and add dried herbs and spread or soft tofu. Process again until well mixed and forming a ball. Press mixture over base of a well-oiled 20cm flan tin and bake for 10 minutes.
3 Put veg in a pan with garlic, rosemary and olive oil and roast until tender.
4 Put tofu, vinegar and soy milk in a blender and blend together until smooth.
5 Put veg in baked flan case then spoon over tofu mix. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Jane Adams, Christchurch
Jane says: “This is a healthy recipe that I love to cook for my vegetarian friends when they come over. It’s really yummy, is easy to make and tastes gorgeous.”