Roast vege and feta omelette
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2 cups 2cm-cubed pumpkin
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 red capsicum, cut in chunks
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons trim milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
4 tablespoons (60g) feta, crumbled
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with paper and place pumpkin, tomatoes and capsicum on dish. Spray with oil. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft (see tip).
- Once veges are roasted, in a small bowl lightly beat eggs and milk together. Add parsley and stir to combine. Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Pour half of the egg mixture into pan. Pull mixture away from edges of pan using a spatula and let uncooked egg flow into the space. Do this until the egg is just cooked through.
- Add half of the roast vegetable mix to omelette. Add half of the feta and fresh chilli.
- Fold over, using spatula, and cook for a few minutes, until filling is warmed through.
- Gently slide omelette onto plate to serve. Repeat to make second omelette. Serve garnished with parsley.
To make this dish quicker, cook vegetables ahead or use leftover roast veges.
Read more about this chef..