Quick chicken curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 600g skinless chicken thighs
- 375ml light coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- 6 cups frozen stir-fry mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Heat a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat with oil spray and gently fry onion. Once onion has softened add curry paste and cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
2 Increase heat to medium-high then add chicken. Cook until browned all over.
3 Add milk. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4 Add vegetables and simmer for 5-6 more minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through. Mix cornflour with 5 tablespoons of the curry sauce. Return to pan and heat until thickened.
5 Serve with rice and top with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of curry paste and cornflour.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..