Prawns, snow peas, tomato and haloumi
Time to make: 10 mins
Total cost: $ 21.20 / $ 5.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 packet (300g) snow peas
- oil spray
- 100g haloumi cheese, cut in 1/2cm slices
- 300g raw prawns, shelled with tails left on
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Place snow peas in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Rest for 1 minute then drain and rinse under cold water.
2 Heat a frying pan with oil spray and add haloumi slices. Cook for about 1 minute on each side or until golden brown and soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Add prawns, tomatoes and snow peas to pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until prawns are cooked (pink in colour).
4 To make dressing, mix basil, lemon juice and olive oil together. To serve, divide prawns and vegetables among plates. Top with a few haloumi slices and drizzle over dressing.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..