Penne with spicy sausage and Brussels sprouts
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups dried penne pasta
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, outer leaves peeled, quartered
- oil spray 3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 small smoked chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in small chunks
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water, and set aside. Microwave Brussels sprouts for 3 minutes on high.
2 Meanwhile, heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add spring onions and chorizo. Cook for 5 minutes until sausage is lightly browned. Add courgettes and Brussels sprouts. Stir-fry for 5-8 more minutes. Add rocket. Stir.
3 Turn heat to low and add pasta and pasta water. Stir well to coat pasta with sauce. Add half the parmesan and toss through. Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan and a sprinkle of black pepper if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of pasta and chorizo.