Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g fresh pasta
- olive oil spray
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 100g lean ham, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 99g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and stir.
3 In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk with cornflour. Add the remaining milk to mushroom mixture and heat through. Add cornflour mixture and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until sauce boils and thickens. Add sour cream, ham and corn and cook for 1 minute or until hot.
4 Stir mushroom mixture through pasta and add parmesan and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta, cornflour and ham.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..