Oaty apple and berry slice
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3/4 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup (160ml) canola or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 medium apples, skin on, cored, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons icingfrostingX sugar, for dusting
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm slice tin with baking paper.
2 Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk oil, yoghurt and egg together then add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
3 Press three-quarters of the mixture into the base of prepared tin. Sprinkle with apples, berries then the remaining mix.
4 Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in tin before turning out and cutting. Dust with a little icing sugar to serve.