Moroccan lamb koftas and Turkish chopped salad
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 90g piece Lebanese bread
- oil spray
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place bread on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Break bread in small pieces and set aside.
2 Meanwhile combine lamb, mint and Moroccan spice. Form into 8 x 7cm ‘sausage’ shapes around 8 metal skewers. Lightly spray with oil and place under grill or on a hot barbecue for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally or until cooked through.
3 In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, onion and watercress. Toss with oil and lemon juice. Add crisp bread pieces to salad and serve with koftas and lemon wedges.
This recipe works well on the barbecue. You can also crisp up the Lebanese bread on the hot plate.