Mediterranean chicken with polenta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 2/3 cups trim milk
- 2/3 cup polenta
- 500g carrots, peeled, cut in matchsticks, steamed or microwaved
- 300g sugar snap peas, steamed or microwaved
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Sear chicken on both sides (1-2 minutes) over a medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add sauce to pan and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add olives and parsley. Keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, bring milk to the boil in a saucepan. Add polenta in a slow stream. Cook over a low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thick. Serve with chicken, sauce and vegetables.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..