Lemon fish with butter bean mash and parsnip fries
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
4 parsnips, trimmed, cut in thin strips or wedges
1-2 tablespoons olive oil plus spray oil
2 shallots, chopped
2 fennel bulbs, sliced
4 sprigs fresh thyme, stalks removed
400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup trim milk
4 x 150g John Dory fillets
1 lemon, zest and juice, to serve
fresh herbs, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On a baking tray, place parsnips and spray with oil. Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat half the oil over medium until hot. Add shallots, fennel and half the thyme. Cook for 5 minutes. Add butter beans and milk. Use a processor or hand blender to whizz until smooth, or mash with a masher. Set aside and keep warm.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Toss in lemon zest and remaining thyme leaves. Season.
- In another pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high. Add fish and cook 2 at a time for 2-3 minutes, turning once.
- Divide mash among 4 plates. Add parsnip fries and fish. Season with pepper, a squeeze of lemon and top with herbs.
Read more about this chef..