Lemon chicken with quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) green beans or asparagus, steamed
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Combine 2 cups water and quinoa in a saucepan and place over a medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
2 Meanwhile, combine chicken, garlic, half the lemon juice and 1/2 cup parsley. Spray a chargrill pan with oil and cook chicken over a high heat for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
3 Add tomatoes, cucumbers, the remaining lemon juice and parsley to quinoa. Toss to combine. Serve with chicken and green vegetables.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..