Herb and mustard baked chicken
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 5 mins )
Total cost: $ 16.80 / $ 4.20 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried thyme or tarragon
- oil spray
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- 500g small potatoes
- 250g green beans
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Mix crème fraiche, mustard, garlic, stock and thyme together. Spray a non-stick pan with oil and heat for a few minutes. Pan-fry chicken until tinged golden on all sides.
2 Transfer to an ovenproof dish and pour over sauce. Toss to coat evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
3 Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Cook beans for 4-5 minutes by boiling, steaming or cooking in microwave for 3 minutes.
4 Drain vegetables and add to chicken for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..