Grilled chicken with fresh summer salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons sumac or paprika, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 large telegraph cucumber, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil spray
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Sprinkle chicken with sumac or paprika. Set aside. To make chickpea salad, place chickpeas in a large bowl. Crush lightly with a fork, still keeping a lot of texture. Add cucumber, tomatoes, mint and feta. Season with pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through.
3 Sprinkle chickpea salad with extra sumac or paprika and divide between serving plates. Serve with grilled chicken.
Squeeze some lemon juice over chickpea salad and chicken before serving.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..