Green chicken curry
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 30 mins )
Total cost: $ 25.60 / $ 6.40 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 medium-sized courgettes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 150g spinach or silver beet, washed, sliced
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli, about 160g), trimmed, cut in 6cm lengths
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
- coriander sprigs, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2 Add coconut milk and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add courgettes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until courgettes are tender and sauce reduces.
3 Stir in capsicum, spinach and gai lan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Serve curry with rice, coriander and halved limes (if preferred).
Makeover! You save…
6g total fat
7g sat fat
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..