Ginger and coconut balls
Time to make: 20 mins , plus 2 hrs chilling
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup dried dates, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried prunes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashew nuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, except coconut, and mix well. Use a food processor to form a tighter mixture if you prefer.
2 Use wet hands to mould 10 balls. Squeeze mixture tightly so it sticks together.
3 Roll in coconut and place in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Use a mortar and pestle to finely crush nuts.
- Use wet hands to shape the mixture into balls. It makes it much easier!
- This recipe will keep for up to 10 days chilled in a sealed container.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..