Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
Total cost: $ 13.60 / $ 1.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 700g new potatoes, halved
- 1 kumara, peeled, cut in chunks
- 300g baby beetroot, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- 2 heads garlic, broken into cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 3 or 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray a large ovenproof baking dish with oil. Place potatoes and kumara in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Do the same with beetroot.
2 Drain vegetables and arrange on baking dish with onion and garlic. Scatter over herb sprigs and bay leaves. Spray with oil.
3 Mix olive oil and balsamic together and drizzle over vegetables. Cook for 1 hour turning several times during cooking until potatoes are tinged golden. Add olives (if using) for the last 20 minutes.
4 Serve garnished with parsley.
Serve garlic in its skin and let people peel the skin back to enjoy the sweetness of the roasted garlic purée.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..