Crunchy sesame chicken and noodles
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minceground beefXd
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut in strips
- 280g dried egg noodles
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minceground beefXd ginger
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 To make marinade, combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Set aside.
2 Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain. Set aside.
3 Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade. Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes until cooked though. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4 Add spring onions, mushrooms, ginger and chilli (if using) to pan. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and stir-fry until softened. Add chicken and noodles to pan. Stir to combine then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce and noodles.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..