Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 500g lean beef minceground beefX
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 x 420g cans baked beans (we used Wattie's Lite)
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- pinch dried oregano
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock powder
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook macaroni following packet directions.
2 Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized saucepan. Add meat and stir until browned. Add onion and keep stirring until softened.
3 Mix in baked beans, sauce, spices and tomato paste then sprinkle in stock powder. Mix well then add cooked macaroni.
4 Pour mixture into an ovenproof casserole-type dish and cover with grated cheese. Heat in oven for about until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Serve casserole with a salad or vegetables and garlic bread.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..