Coconut curry soup with carrot noodles
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon red curry paste
2 kaffir lime leaves
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
300g tofu, cut into cubes
1 large (300g) waxy potato, peeled, cut into small cubes
1 cup light coconut milk
2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock (plus 1 cup water)
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 cup green peas, frozen or fresh (fresh is so nice if you can get them, they add a bit of crunch)
1 cup roughly chopped baby spinach
2 carrots, large, spiralised
1 cup shredded red cabbage
coriandercilantroX, to serve
1 lime, cut into wedges
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir fry until the onion is translucent. Add curry paste, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric and tofu and stir to combine.
- Add potato, coconut milk and stock and water. Simmer until potato is soft (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
- Pick out tofu and kaffir lime leaves, transfer potato and liquids to a blender and blitz until smooth. Return to pot, add tofu back in and place over a medium heat. Add capsicum, peas and spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls. Top with carrot, cabbage and coriandercilantroX, and serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Ingredient : Baby spinach, Cabbage, Capsicum, peppers, Carrots, Coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut powder, Coriander, Curry paste, flavour paste, spice paste, Garlic - fresh, Ginger - fresh, Kaffir lime leaves, Limes, Oil, oil spray, Onions - brown, white, Peas, Potatoes, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Stock, Tofu
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste, turmeric, tofu and stock are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Check curry paste and stock are vegan.
This soup seems to get even better with age. It thickens slightly and the flavour grows more intense, so it is good for leftovers if you’re only cooking for two.
Read more about this chef..