Chicken cobb salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 small new potatoes (650g), scrubbed
- oil spray
- 400g skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups watercress
- 1/2 avocado, cut in chunks
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 6 tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Place potatoes in a saucepan and just cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut in half.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked though. Set aside.
3 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (but not dressing ingredients) Gently mix to combine. Shake dressing ingredients in a small jar and add to salad. Toss gently to mix.
4 Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with chicken. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
See our article 40 meals in 20 minutes for more quick and tasty meal ideas.