Chicken cobb salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 small new potatoes (650g), scrubbed
- oil spray
- 400g skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 400g can no-added-salt cornsweetcornX kernels, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups watercress
- 1/2 avocado, cut in chunks
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 6 tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Place potatoes in a saucepan and just cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut in half.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until cooked though. Set aside.
3 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (but not dressing ingredients) Gently mix to combine. Shake dressing ingredients in a small jar and add to salad. Toss gently to mix.
4 Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with chicken. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
See our article 40 meals in 20 minutes for more quick and tasty meal ideas.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..