Chicken and vegetable red curry with cucumber and coconut sambal
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
400g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 small kumara, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 red or yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, coarsely grated
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted, plus a pinch extra, to serve
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 medium courgette, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add chicken and curry paste, stir to coat. Add kumara, capsicum and stock, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yoghurt, cucumber, shredded coconut and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk and cornflour. Add to chicken saucepan with courgette and broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with rice and coconut sambal.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Ingredient : Broccoli, Capsicum, peppers, Chicken, Coconut, Coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut powder, Cornflour, Courgettes, zucchini, Cucumber, Curry paste, flavour paste, spice paste, Kumara, sweet potato, Lemon juice, Oil, oil spray, Onions - red, Rice, Stock, Yoghurt
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste, stock, Greek-style yoghurt and cornflour are gluten free.
Read more about this chef..