Chicken and chilli bean burritos
Time to make: 20 mins
Total cost: $ 11.68 / $ 2.92 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
- 250g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 400g can chilli beans
- 6 wholemeal burritos
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons thick low-fat yoghurt or reduced-fat sour cream
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Stir-fry onion, celery and chicken together until chicken is cooked through. Add chilli beans. Stir through and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2 Warm burritos in microwave. Divide chilli chicken mixture among burritos and top with red onion, lettuce, tomatoes and yoghurt. Roll up and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of chilli beans, burritos and yoghurt.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..