Chicken and artichoke pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g wholemeal spiral pasta
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 1cm strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 390g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, quartered
- 200g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- large green salad, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain and return to saucepan, keeping warm.
2 Meanwhile, place chicken in a bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons oil. Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 5-6 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
3 In a large bowl toss mushrooms with the remaining oil. Add to frying pan with 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 5 minutes over a high heat until cooked and golden. Add spinach and artichokes. Cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach wilts and artichokes are heated through. Add ricotta and chives. Stir to combine.
4 Add artichoke mixture and chicken to pasta and stir well. Scatter with tomatoes and
serve with a green salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..