Capsicum and bean pizza
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 medium wholemeal pita breads
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/4 cups grated reduced-fat cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut in 2cm pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly torn
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pita breads on 2 baking trays and spread evenly with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
2 Top cheese with onion, capsicums, beans and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until base is crisp and vegetables are tender. Garnish with basil before serving.
For a meaty pizza, use 150g shredded cooked chicken breast instead of cannellini beans.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..