Barbecued haloumi and vegetable kebabs
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 skewers
- 16 button mushrooms
- 100g haloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 capsicums, deseeded, chopped into 8 chunks
- 2 small courgettes, cut in 2cm rounds
- 2 tablespoons lemon avocado oil (we used Olivado)
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, washed, finely chopped
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Heat barbecue. Thread mushrooms, haloumi, capsicums and courgettes onto 8 skewers, alternating as you thread. Drizzle with lemon avocado oil and place on barbecue for 5-10 minutes until browned.
2 Prepare couscous following packet directions. Use fork to fluff up.
3 Serve kebabs with couscous and drizzle with yoghurt mixed with lemon zest, lemon juice and mint.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..